Bilingual Primary School Hove Project
The Bilingual Primary School Hove Project – Hardwood Robinia Play Equipment & Gaudi Theatre
Playsafe Playgrounds won the contract to supply and install Hardwood Robinia Play Equipment at the The Bilingual Primary School Hove along with creating a Gaudi Theatre complete with sail shading for the stage and seating areas.
The Project was completed in two phases throughout 2017 and consisted of the following:
PHASE 1 – Bilingual Primary School Hove Project
The supply and delivery of a Gaudi Theatre consisting of the following:
– Stage Area
– Bespoke Seating
– Curvy Wall
– Storytelling Seat
– Sail Shading
Stage Area – Constructed of approximately 8m2 of brown recycled plastic decking with a grooved top surface.
Here are some images of the completed Phase 1 of the Project:
PHASE 2 – Bilingual Primary School Hove Project
The supply and delivery of a play area consisting of the following:
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Adventure Trial Play Equipment
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Deck & Slide with Pull Up Ramp
– Safety Surfacing (Grass Matting, Wet Pour & Artificial Grass)
Hardwood Robinia Timber Adventure Trial Play Equipment – Supply and install the following items of equipment:
– Mini web
– Wavy Bars – complete with stainless steel bars.
– Zig-Zag Stepper
– Single balance beam
– Stepper logs x 8 – 200mm diameter with cross cut tops.
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Deck & Slide with Pull Up Ramp – Supply and deliver a hardwood robinia tower with the following features:
• 1400mm height triangular tower;
• 1 x slide entrance complete with specified Kompan embankment slide:
• Robinia timber rung ladder complete with pull up rope attachment;
• Steel core rope inclined access net complete with hardwood log grip holds;
Supply and deliver 1 x Pull up embankment ramp complete with entrance barrier at the top. Constructed as follows –
• hardwood robinia frame work;
• hardwood robinia deck surface;
• Hardwood timber grip holds;
• Robinia entrance barrier;
• Steel core pull up rope attached to the structure;
The safety surfacing used was Wet Pour, Grass Matting and Artificial Grass supplied and laid by Playsafe Playgrounds in-house specialist surfacing team. The Robinia Timber was supplied by the Dylan Group for the project, with the project management, fabrication, construction and installation carried out Playsafe Playgrounds management and installation teams.
Here are some images of PHASE 2 of the The Bilingual Primary School Hove Project:
Playsafe Playgrounds Safety Surfacing
Wet Pour Safety Surfacing –
The Wet Pour safety surface is constructed of bonded rubber mixed on site using specialist equipment to produce a dense, consistent texture. It is then ‘wet laid’ to exacting standards BSEN1177.
The key advantages of Wet Pour Rubber Surfacing are:
- It can be installed to uneven surfaces and around existing play equipment
- Durable, robust and resilient solution
- It can be laid in high traffic areas
- Reduces injury potential from falls
- Low maintenance solution
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Tolerates many weather extremes
- Can be laid to different depths depending on the Critical Fall Heights
- Graphic Designs can be incorporated into the layouts
The base on which the rubber surface is laid is either non-fines concrete or MOT Type 1, dependent on the depth of surfacing required for each area.
The top layer (wearing course) is Ethylene Propylene Diene polyethylene-modified rubber (EPDM) which is available in black, red, green, blue, beige, purple, eggshell, brown and yellow. A flecked pattern can also be achieved by mixing black with any of the other colours. To add to the play value of playgrounds, colourful graphics can be designed into the surfacing to individual requirements. The surface is slip-resistant and non-abrasive to young limbs.
Different areas beneath the equipment are laid to differing thicknesses to provide the necessary impact absorbency. The correct thickness and area are determined by the Free Fall Height (FFH) of the equipment to be installed. Wet pour safety surfacing can be laid around complex configurations of playground equipment and ground contours. It is virtually maintenance free.
Wetpour surfacing is guaranteed for a period of 5 years against defects in materials and workmanship from date of invoice. The above guarantees do not include any of the following – cosmetic issues e.g. fading colours or any dis-colouration due to weathering, misuse, neglect or accident. Any damage resulting from vandalism, abnormal use or lack of maintenance is not covered by this guarantee.
Playsafe Playgrounds Artificial Grass Safety Surfacing
This is a high grade artificial grass that can be laid onto existing grounds or coupled up with impact matting made from recycled closed cell polyethylene foam which is heat bonded without the use of glue or chemical adhesives. It is ideal for use in and around play areas. Just like real grass, the artificial grass ais completely porous and will drain like real grass. They are also flexible so that they follow the contours of the ground. Unlike real turf though, it keeps its natural vibrant colour through all weathers.
The key advantages of Artificial Grass Safety Surfacing are:
- Green and Vibrant All Year Round
- No Mowing Required
- Easy To Clean
- No Maintenance Required
- No Watering Required
- High UV Resistance
- No Feeding
- No Muddy Footprints
Artificial Grass Safety Surfacing is tested in accordance with BSEN1177 (1998). It can be installed onto a stone base, grass or tarmac and has the added benefit that the expensive groundwork costs are not always necessary.
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472