Rowan Ward Meadowfield Hospital Worthing
Here is another completed Playsafe Playgrounds project for the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Meadowfield Hospital in Worthing.
The Project involved the following:
- The supply and installation of 50 linear metres steel edging to all planting areas allowing rubber to be laid over the existing surface while retaining a net crisp edge to the surface
- Chase cut along block pavers and manholes
- Lay terram
Rubber Wet Pour Surfacing:
- Supply and lay 133m2 of base rubber at 20mm depth to the existing perimeter
- Supply and lay green EPDM wetpour totalling 133m2 at a depth of 15-20mm
Here’s some images of the Rowan Ward Meadowfield Hospital Worthing Project pre-start:
Here’s some completed images of the Rowan Ward Meadowfield Hospital Worthing Project:
Playsafe Playgrounds Safety Surfacing
Wet Pour Safety Surfacing –
The Wet Pour safety surface is constructed of bonded rubber mixed on site using specialist equipment to produce a dense, consistent texture. It is then ‘wet laid’ to exacting standards BSEN1177.
The key advantages of Wet Pour Rubber Surfacing are:
- It can be installed to uneven surfaces and around existing play equipment
- Durable, robust and resilient solution
- It can be laid in high traffic areas
- Reduces injury potential from falls
- Low maintenance solution
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Tolerates many weather extremes
- Can be laid to different depths depending on the Critical Fall Heights
- Graphic Designs can be incorporated into the layouts
The base on which the rubber surface is laid is either non-fines concrete or MOT Type 1, dependent on the depth of surfacing required for each area.
The top layer (wearing course) is Ethylene Propylene Diene polyethylene-modified rubber (EPDM) which is available in black, red, green, blue, beige, purple, eggshell, brown and yellow. A flecked pattern can also be achieved by mixing black with any of the other colours. To add to the play value of playgrounds, colourful graphics can be designed into the surfacing to individual requirements. The surface is slip-resistant and non-abrasive to young limbs.
Different areas beneath the equipment are laid to differing thicknesses to provide the necessary impact absorbency. The correct thickness and area are determined by the Free Fall Height (FFH) of the equipment to be installed. Wet pour safety surfacing can be laid around complex configurations of playground equipment and ground contours. It is virtually maintenance free.
Wetpour surfacing is guaranteed for a period of 5 years against defects in materials and workmanship from date of invoice. The above guarantees do not include any of the following – cosmetic issues e.g. fading colours or any dis-colouration due to weathering, misuse, neglect or accident. Any damage resulting from vandalism, abnormal use or lack of maintenance is not covered by this guarantee.
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472