Grass Mats Safety Surfacing
Grasslok mats are a slip resistant plastic matting surface for use in high wear situations including swing bays and any area that requires protection from foot traffic. Grasslok has excellent impact attenuation properties, making it ideal for use beneath play equipment, and have been tested in accordance with BSEN1177 ( Free Fall Height up to 3.0m).
Grasslok is made from hard-wearing plastic, requiring little or no maintenance and once laid virtually disappears from view when the grass grows through it. The openings allow liquid and debris to drain, keeping the surface dry and clean. It provides an economical alternative to continuous rubber surfacing whilst retaining many of the advantages.
The key advantages of Grass Mats Safety Surfacing are:
- Durable, robust and hard-wearing
- Doesn’t require extensive ground works
- High slip resistance
- Good drainage
- Low maintenance
- Can be inpremented on flat or sloping landscapes
- Secure interlocking connections
- The interlocking grass mats cover large areas quickly and easily
- Ability to mow directly over the grass mat surfacing
- Available in Black and Green (other colours available on request)
- Pedestiran, Wheelchair and pushchair friendly
- Can be installed on existing grass surfacings
- Good for erosion control
- Once established, the grass can be mown as usual
- Made from self-extinguishing compounds
The installation onto existing grass consists of levelling the site as necessary, laying graded topsoil raked over to form an even surface to lay the mats. This is then seeded with amenity mix grass seed.
The area is then covered with a grow through stabilising mesh prior to the Grasslok plastic surfacing being laid with mats being secured at all joints and the perimeter edges being cut into the grass surface with additional securing pins.
Grasslok surfacing is guaranteed for a period of 5 years against defects in materials and workmanship from date of invoice.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472