Here is another completed Playsafe Playgrounds project for Easebourne Parish Council near Midhurst, West Sussex.
The Project involved the supply of play equipment, installation and SafaMulch Safety Surfacing.
Play Equipment – supplied by Dylan Play Ltd:
Supply and deliver a 4-seated hardwood robinia timber see saw. Having a 4 seated version of the see saw allows not only more users but also enables carers/parents to sit behind younger or less able bodied users to assist.
- Stainless steel see saw mechanism
- Tyre seat buffers set in ground under each end
Make a chase cut to the perimeter of see saw safety surface area ready to lay the surfacing.
Cut back an edge of 3 linear metres to the existing rubber surface and cart away any waste material.
Chase cut the remainder of the proposed perimeter totalling 11 linear metres ready to lay the surfacing.
Supply and lay the following area of Summer Yellow SafaMulch bound rubber shred safety surfacing at depths as required by critical fall heights –
- See saw – 20m2 at a 40mm depth over grass for a 2500mm CFH
- Slide runout surface extension to adjoin the stone path 12m2 at a 40mm depth over grass for a 2500mm CFH
Here’s some images of the completed project:
Playsafe Playgrounds SafaMulch – Bonded Rubber Safety Surfacing
The distinct advantage of the SafaMulch product is that it’s bonded and can be laid directly to a geotextile terram onto grass/soil, so doesn’t require any ground work preparation. SafaMulch is manufactured from premium tyre’s free from fibres and wire. The rubber bark is less than 5mm flat and textured like bark or fern. It is made in the UK using 100% recycled materials, will last and provide low maintenance for years, it’s unaffected by the environment avoiding the costs and trouble of annual replacement – the fade resistant colour ensures your play area it completely enhanced all year round.
SafaMulch bark will not absorb water – therefore dries quickly, will not freeze and will not attract animals or insects. It’s other key benefits are:
- Fully Tested to BS EN 1177*
- Ideal Safety Surfacing in Children’s Play Areas
- Wear Pads (under swings, end of slides etc)
- All Weather Surfacing
- Minimal or no Base Preparation works required
- Pathways (Slip Resistant)
- Mowing Strips (under or around fences)
- Weed Control
- Heavy Wear / Erosion Control
- Moisture Retention within Landscaped Areas
- Bark or Woodchip Alternative
- Looks like bark from a distance
- Does not migrate or Require topping up
- Reduced installation time compared to wet pour
- Low Maintenance
- Variety of colours available
- Five Year Guarantee
- Requires only 40mm depth of SafaMulch (CFH 2.5m) if laid directly to soil**
* SafaMulch bonded rubber conforms to BSEN1177 safety standards. E.g. a SafaMulch depth of 40mm (to soil, 100mm onto concrete) will provide maximum critical fall height of 2500mm
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472