Sandhurst Bloor Homes
Here is another completed Playsafe Playgrounds project for Bloor Homes at their Sandhurst site in Berkshire.
The Project involved the supply of play equipment, installation and SafaMulch Safety Surfacing.
Play Equipment – supplied by Dylan Play Ltd:
Supplying and installing the following items of hardwood robinia play equipment manufactured by Dylan Group.
- 1 No Seesaw
- 1 No Spinner
- 1 No Carved Springer
- 1 No Crawling Pyramid
- 1 No Nest Seat Swing with 1000mm Ø seat
- 1 No Tower, Net & Slide
Supplied & laid the following areas of grass mat safety surfacing complete with underlay ground reinforcement mesh –
- Seesaw – 15m2
- Spinner – 9m2
- Animal Springer – 6m2
- Crawling Pyramid – 36m2
- Nest Swing – 18m2
- Tower, Net & Slide – 43.5m2
The project also involved the installation of fencing, gates, seating and litter bins.
Here’s some images of the completed Sandhurst Bloor Homes project:
Grass Mats Safety Surfacing
Grasslok mats are a slip resistant plastic matting surface for use in high wear situations including swing bays and any area that requires protection from foot traffic. Grasslok has excellent impact attenuation properties, making it ideal for use beneath play equipment, and have been tested in accordance with BSEN1177 (Free Fall Height up to 3.0m).
Grasslok is made from hard-wearing plastic, requiring little or no maintenance and once laid virtually disappears from view when the grass grows through it. The openings allow liquid and debris to drain, keeping the surface dry and clean. It provides an economical alternative to continuous rubber surfacing whilst retaining many of the advantages.
The key advantages of Grass Mats Safety Surfacing are:
- Durable, robust and hard-wearing
- Doesn’t require extensive ground works
- High slip resistance
- Good drainage
- Low maintenance
- Can be implemented on flat or sloping landscapes
- Secure interlocking connections
- The interlocking grass mats cover large areas quickly and easily on the Critical Fall Heights
- Ability to mow directly over the grass mat surfacing
- Available in Black and Green (other colours available on request)
- Pedestiran, Wheelchair and pushchair friendly
- Can be installed on existing grass surfacings
- Good for erosion control
- Once established, the grass can be mown as usual
- Made from self-extinguishing compounds
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472