East Brighton Park – Sussex
The Project involved the following:
Supplying a Junior climbing unit designed to fit the existing area with the same basic design as the original unit.
The following pieces were re-used from the original unit –
- 1 x stainless steel slide;
- 1 x stainless steel fireman’s pole;
The new unit was constructed completely from robinia hardwood timber and have the following additional features –
- Twisted scramble net;
- Notched log stairs;
- Ramp climb;
- 1 x over head monkey rings leading to platform;
- 1 x balance log with rope hand rails;
- Steel feet to all legs – 11 No full standard posts & 2 No ramp steel feet;
The following conditions were met as part of the contract:
- FSC® certified hardwood robinia is used throughout the manufacture of all play quipment equipment.
- Robinia timbers are smooth sanded to a play grade finish as standard.
- All timbers will have a natural un-stained finish unless shown otherwise within the graphics provided.
- Anti tamper stainless steel fixings are used throughout the manufacture.
- All equipment is manufactured to current BSEN standards.
Here are some images of the completed project:
Safety Surfacing –
Playsafe Playgrounds supplied and laid 92m2 of coloured SafaMulch rubber safety surfacing at a depth of 20mm over existing rubber surface.
The perimeter edge was dressed as required to marry in with surrounding surfaces.
Playsafe Playgrounds SafaMulch – Bonded Rubber Safety Surfacing
The distinct advantage of the SafaMulch product is that it’s bonded and can be laid directly to a geotextile terram onto grass/soil, so doesn’t require any ground work preparation. SafaMulch is manufactured from premium tyre’s free from fibres and wire. The rubber bark is less than 5mm flat and textured like bark or fern. It is made in the UK using 100% recycled materials, will last and provide low maintenance for years, it’s unaffected by the environment avoiding the costs and trouble of annual replacement – the fade resistant colour ensures your play area it completely enhanced all year round.
SafaMulch bark will not absorb water – therefore dries quickly, will not freeze and will not attract animals or insects. It’s other key benefits are:
- Fully Tested to BS EN 1177*
- Ideal Safety Surfacing in Children’s Play Areas
- Wear Pads (under swings, end of slides etc)
- All Weather Surfacing
- Minimal or no Base Preparation works required
- Pathways (Slip Resistant)
- Mowing Strips (under or around fences)
- Weed Control
- Heavy Wear / Erosion Control
- Moisture Retention within Landscaped Areas
- Bark or Woodchip Alternative
- Looks like bark from a distance
- Does not migrate or Require topping up
- Reduced installation time compared to wet pour
- Low Maintenance
- Variety of colours available
- Five Year Guarantee
- Requires only 40mm depth of SafaMulch (CFH 2.5m) if laid directly to soil**
* SafaMulch bonded rubber conforms to BSEN1177 safety standards. E.g. a SafaMulch depth of 40mm (to soil, 100mm onto concrete) will provide maximum critical fall height of 2500mm
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472