Sports Equipment Tweeddale Uxbridge
Here is another completed Playsafe Playgrounds project for Sutcliffe Play, for a project at Tweeddale, Ickenham, Uxbridge.
The Project involved the following works:
- Installation of sports equipment
- Supplying and laying of grass mats.
Here’s some images of the sport equipment for the Tweeddale, Ichenham, Uxbridge Project:
Playsafe Playgrounds Safety Surfacing
Grass Mat Safety Surfacing
Grass mats are a slip resistant plastic matting surface for use in high wear situations including swing bays and any area that requires protection from foot traffic. Grass mats have excellent impact attenuation properties, making it ideal for use beneath play equipment, and have been tested in accordance with BSEN1177 (Free Fall Height up to 3.0m).
Grass mats are made from hard-wearing plastic, requiring little or no maintenance and once laid virtually disappears from view when the grass grows through it. The openings allow liquid and debris to drain, keeping the surface dry and clean. It provides an economical alternative to continuous rubber surfacing whilst retaining many of the advantages.
The key advantages of Grass Mats Safety Surfacing are:
- Durable, robust and hard-wearing
- Doesn’t require extensive ground works
- High slip resistance
- Good drainage
- Low maintenance
- Can be inpremented on flat or sloping landscapes
- Secure interlocking connections
- The interlocking grass mats cover large areas quickly and easily on the Critical Fall Heights
- Ability to mow directly over the grass mat surfacing
- Available in Black and Green (other colours available on request)
- Pedestiran, Wheelchair and pushchair friendly
- Can be installed on existing grass surfacings
- Good for erosion control
- Once established, the grass can be mown as usual
- Made from self-extinguishing compounds
The installation onto existing grass consists of levelling the site as necessary, laying graded topsoil raked over to form an even surface to lay the mats. This is then seeded with amenity mix grass seed.
The area is then covered with a grow through stabilising mesh prior to the Grasslok plastic surfacing being laid with mats being secured at all joints and the perimeter edges being cut into the grass surface with additional securing pins
Play Equipment Installation
Playsafe Playgrounds Ltd are an independent playground company, we are therefore able to install any other playground manufacturers equipment. This gives you the total flexibility to mix and match any solutions to suit your budget and requirements. This can range from a springer through to large steel / wooden multi tower units as well as all types of rotating and swinging equipment. As independent playground designers our dedicated team can design, develop and produce the most cost effective concepts and solutions without compromising on play value and individual items.
Our installation services include the following range of play equipment:
- Single Deck Tower Units
- Multi Deck Tower Units
- Swings i.e. Flat Seat, Toddler, Nest
- Aerial / Cable Runways
- Springing equpiment i.e. springers and seesaws
- Ball Play – MUGA – Multi Use Games Areas
- Embankment Slides & Standard Slides
- Adventure Trail Equipment i.e. suspension bridges, ‘A’ Frames, stilts, stepping logs, balance beams etc…
- Play Huts
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472