The Bilingual Primary School Hove Project – Hardwood Robinia Play Equipment & Gaudi Theatre
Playsafe Playgrounds won the contract to supply and install Hardwood Robinia Play Equipment at the The Bilingual Primary School Hove along with creating a Gaudi Theatre complete with sail shading for the stage and seating areas.
The Project was completed in two phases throughout 2017 and consisted of the following:
PHASE 1 – Bilingual Primary School Hove Project
The supply and delivery of a Gaudi Theatre consisting of the following:
– Stage Area
– Bespoke Seating
– Curvy Wall
– Storytelling Seat
– Sail Shading
Stage Area – Constructed of approximately 8m2 of brown recycled plastic decking with a grooved top surface.
Bespoke Seating – 18 No. Bench Seats complete with backrests constructed from hard wood robinia timber and Stainless steel fixings throughout. Manufactured by Dylan Group.
Curvy Wall & Arch – Construct a rendered wall layout including curves and archway.
Storytelling Chair – Supply and deliver 1 No hardwood robinia timber storyteller chair complete with routed wording and stainless steel fixings used throughout. Manufactured by Dylan Group.
Sail Shading – Supply and deliver Sail Shading for the stage and seating areas. The Sails to be supported by Hardwood Robinia Poles supplied by Dylan Group.
Here are some images of the completed Phase 1 of the Project:
PHASE 2 – Bilingual Primary School Hove Project
The supply and delivery of a play area consisting of the following:
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Adventure Trial Play Equipment
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Deck & Slide with Pull Up Ramp
– Safety Surfacing (Grass Matting, Wet Pour & Artificial Grass)
Hardwood Robinia Timber Adventure Trial Play Equipment – Supply and install the following items of equipment:
– Mini web
– Wavy Bars – complete with stainless steel bars.
– Zig-Zag Stepper
– Single balance beam
– Stepper logs x 8 – 200mm diameter with cross cut tops.
– Hardwood Robinia Timber Deck & Slide with Pull Up Ramp – Supply and deliver a hardwood robinia tower with the following features:
• 1400mm height triangular tower;
• 1 x slide entrance complete with specified Kompan embankment slide:
• Robinia timber rung ladder complete with pull up rope attachment;
• Steel core rope inclined access net complete with hardwood log grip holds;
Supply and deliver 1 x Pull up embankment ramp complete with entrance barrier at the top. Constructed as follows –
• hardwood robinia frame work;
• hardwood robinia deck surface;
• Hardwood timber grip holds;
• Robinia entrance barrier;
• Steel core pull up rope attached to the structure;
The safety surfacing used was Wet Pour, Grass Matting and Artificial Grass supplied and laid by Playsafe Playgrounds in-house specialist surfacing team. The Robinia Timber was supplied by the Dylan Group for the project, with the project management, fabrication, construction and installation carried out Playsafe Playgrounds management and installation teams.
Here are some images of PHASE 2 of the The Bilingual Primary School Hove Project:
Elaine Meredith – School Business Manager – The Bilingual Primary School – “What a fantastic job Ed & his team have done – we are so pleased – such hard working guys.”
Play Equipment Manufacturer – Robinia Timber
Playsafe Playgrounds also supply bespoke Robinia Timber Play Solutions for Parks and Open Spaces, Parish Councils and Schools to suit budgetary requirements and specifications. These can range from small decked tower units right through to an extensive range of adventure trail items. Similar to the large park projects, every item of Robinia play equipment manufactured to BSEN1176 standards, is lovingly hand crafted by our locally sourced team of craftsmen in the heart of West Sussex and finished to the highest quality and standards.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements on 01730 815472